Public Limited Company Registration in 10 working days
Required Details & Deliverables
Share holders/Directors Details
- Pan card
- Aadhar card
- Passport or Voter ID or Valid Driving License
- Recent Bank statements (not older than 1 month)
- Mobile number & email id
- passport size photo
- Electricity bill or Telephone bill or gas bill of your office address (not older than 1 month)
- Property owner - Name & Address (to draft rental agreement)
- Two Proposed company names (To apply for name reservation)
- Digital signature for 2 directors
- MoA & AoA preparation
- PAN & TAN for the company
- DIN for 2 directors
- Incorporation certificate
- Name reservation fees
- Current Account Opening Support
Here's How it Works
1. Fill Form
Simply fill the form and click Get Start Now.
2. Call to discuss
Our Experts will connect with you to proceed further.
3. Work done
We will help you to get the entire process done.
Public Limited Company Registration
What is a Public Limited Company Registration?
The Companies Act 1956, has provided a structural framework for all the companies in India. As per the rules and regulations every company has to be registered and classified based on its structure.
One such major classification of companies is Public Limited Companies. According to the Companies Act 2013, a Public Limited Company is a company that has limited liability and offers shares to the general public. The stocks of the company can be acquired by anyone, either privately through (IPO) initial public offering or via trades on the stock market.
Features of Public Limited Company Registration
Number of Directors: As per the Companies Act 2013, a public limited company registration requires a minimum of 3 directors and the maximum limit is 15 directors.
Shares & Investment: A public limited company requires at least 7 shareholders and a minimum capital investment of ₹5 lakhs.
Liability: In a public limited company, the business is managed by the directors and owned by the shareholders. So, a public limited company has to be more open about its business to the public as it's liable to shareholders who can be any of the public. Shareholders have limited liability to the extent of their investment.
Company's Name: The company has to add the word "Limited" as a suffix after the company's name.
Prospectus by the Company: The company must issue a prospectus for the public to read. The primary aim is to raise the company's capital however prospectus should display the company's work & regular affairs.
Benefits Of Public Limited Company Registration
- A registered public limited company can easily gain more capital because the shares can be extended to the public.
- More investment converts to expand the business
- A public limited company can raise funding through various ways like equity shareholders, individual investors as well as financial institutions.
- It has more visibility that opens new business opportunities as traders and businessmen notice the company in the stock market.
- The shareholders can easily sell and buy a public limited company's shares which calls for a very big advantage.
- Incorporating a public limited company reduces the risk of liabilities of the shareholders or members of the company.
- A public limited company structure invokes more trust as it is more transparent than other company structures.
Companies Act, 2013 has mandated the registration of public limited companies in India with the Registrar of Companies (ROC). This makes it possible for people to check or access the details of any registered public limited on the MCA (Ministry of Corporate affairs) website http://www.mca.gov.in/. Even the details of directors and annual reports of the company are shown on the website. This creates transparency for people investing in companies or even dealing with companies.
Documents Required for Public Limited Company Registration
Identity proof of the directors and shareholders
Valid address proof of the directors and shareholders
Utility bills such as water, telephone, gas, or electricity bill of the registered office
A NOC (No Objection Certificate) by the landlord if the office is rented space
Director Identification Number (DIN) of the directors
Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) of the directors
Memorandum of Association (MOA)
Articles of Association (AOA)
Process for a Public Limited Company Registration
Choosing eAuditor Office for Startup India Registration:
Registering a company in India becomes chaos especially when there are several steps involved. If you want the application to go smoothly, and all the documents done and submitted on time without you running for everything, eAuditor's Office is what you need.
The company’s investors, members, and shareholders are considered as the owners of a public limited company.
Yes, as per the laws the company should adhere to the compliance rules, regulations, and conduct them annually. Failure to fulfill the compliances will lead to penalties on both the company and the key officials.
A public limited company is being listed on the stock exchange and the stocks are being traded publicly. While a private limited company is neither listed on the stock exchange nor are they traded.
The primary features of a public limited company are limited liability, separate legal entity, transferability of shares, and perpetual succession.
One can transform a private limited company into a public limited company by filing E-form INC 27 with the Registrar. This involves submitting various documents and following a formal procedure for change.
Anyone (natural person) above the age of 18 can be a director of a public limited company provided they are solvent and competent to enter into a contract. There is no restriction as to citizenship either.